Saturday, August 29, 2009

Animal Adventures

On the theme of animal adventures - my personal animal adventure continues...

Last night after some late night grocery shopping I got home close to 10pm. The outdoor light was on, but no one was home. I live out in the country and I walk past a corn field and up some broken stairs to get to my house. I walked up the stairs with chicken bones for our new house dog, old office dog 'Sexy' who barks at her own shadow. She is proving to be a good guard dog, but truthfully it is tiring to listen to her bark all night/morning/afternoon long.


Sexy got her bones and she was happy, I was happy. It doesn't take much to make her wag her tail and slowly but surely I may be becoming a dog person. After I left Sexy to eat, I gathered my bags to make my way to my apartment door. To my surprise there was a mean looking alpaca in the front lawn starring at me. This is my future mother-in-law Martiza alpaca who last year spit in my face. I remembered this incident and scared myself silly. How on earth was I going to get past this alpaca and come out alive? I called Martiza. She was going to send reinforcements my way, but I talked her out of it. I said I would wait until the alpaca sat down and was in resting position and then I would make a run for it. I waited for what seemed like the longest 15 minutes of my life. The alpaca sat. I dashed by him. And made it safely to my apartment.


This morning was the funniest site to see our little dog Sexy (the size of a cat) start barking at the alpaca thinking that she was going to defend our house. The alpaca just starred at Sexy, much like he did last night to me.


Paz ~ Nora

No comments: