Thursday, March 5, 2009

The waiting game

I could say I am playing the waiting game. The "test my patience" game. The pull my hair out of my head game. This week there has been no activities or classes planned because the plan was to move into our Community Center space, set things up and make it a welcoming, working space. Alas, I am in Peru. I am at the mercy of Peruvians that work on a different time frame of getting things done. I have gone in circles this week...

I was told Monday.
Monday I was told Wednesday.
Wednesday I was told Thursday.
Today I was told next Monday.

On Monday I will put my faith in Peruvians that they will come through. We will do an inspection of the new space, new keys will be in hand and I will go out that morning and buy tables and chairs. That is the new plan.

I wish I knew the basis of this no hurry attitude. I wish I had the remedy to speed things up. Or if not the remedy, the patience to go at a slower pace. I find that at times I can foster that patience and other times it is no where to be found. Besides running in circles, like a dog chasing his own tail, I have been busy preparing for our first leadership workshop next week, signing women up for bakery class (also next week), and getting our literacy launch under way so that next week we can start literacy classes again with two previous groups from last year.

Now, we only have to wait until Monday.

Finding Paz ~ Nora

No comments: