Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Madison Open house

I apologize for being off the radar, but as soon as I arrived on U.S. soil to enjoy my vacation with family in the Midwest, well I just put Discover Hope Fund on the back burner for a little bit. I will be returning to Peru in about 2 weeks, so my mind is drifting back into Discover Hope thoughts. Shortly after I arrived in Minnesota I made a trip across the border to Wisconsin. My dear friend Erica in Madison, after visiting Cajamarca this past October, decided she wanted to host a fundraiser for our women. So we held a very informal "Open House" to come and see what Discover Hope is all about in her living room. It turned out to be a smashing success (in my virgen fundraising eyes). I got to catch up with old friends, talk about village banking and show off a ton of pictures to curious souls. We raised a small bit of support that will help in more than one way this coming year.

Cheers to all of you reading this and may 2009 bring many hopeful things!

No comments: