Friday, November 28, 2008

Last Literacy update

Literacy tests: 7 out of the 9 women that took the test last Saturday passed and therefore will receive a certificate in January from the Department of Education stating that they are literate! Yeah for Andrea, Elena, Precila, Casimira, Maria Cruz, Sebastiana and Angelica!!!! Good work to all.

Nora is leaving Cajamarca tomorrow, but left the women with homework. When I return in January for another year we will have our first Buy Day with Maggie. Although women have told me, "you're not coming back.." I respond,"See you at our first event in 2009."

I am leaving Cajamara exhausted, but happy for a success first year of inventions, trial, error and learning experience. I will rest for the month of December and be ready for more come 2009!

Until Then....

No comments: