Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes things just work out. This week I -randomly- met all my literacy teachers in the park, treated them to a sweet potato fried treat while we had a meeting on the bus stop about how literacy classes will be working in the next couple of weeks. Just when I thought things were moving slowly I meet 4 teachers that are ready to get started asap. I felt awful offering them a mere 70 soles, or $23 a month, for their once a week services, but that is the going rate - and I don't want to seem too gringa by offering them an outrageously high rate. With time and good work hopefully I can reward them for all their efforts appropriately. This means things are moving in a direction to actually starting something long-term! There is a big smile on my face right now.

No comments: