Friday, September 10, 2010

Photo of the Week

I take a zillion photos every week, month, year. Many get deleted, thanks to digital technology. Some get shared with you all right here on this blog. Others get stored in various places for future use. When I took this very picture this week, I thought this moment, this frame, this idea is what I want to share with DHF supporters. Marta, the women pictured here with her granddaughter, is attending a crochet class funded by DHF. She is a avid crocheter and missed our poncho class a couple of months ago. Since then, every time she sees me, Marta has begged me "when is the next poncho class? I want to learn how to make ponchos" She isn't making a poncho in this picture, she is making a baby dress, but I know I can count on her presence when we offer a poncho class. Since our loan recipients were able to increase their earnings with knit products last month, I want to encourage the trend. This month our crochet/knit classes have doubled from last month.
Paz ~ Nora

No comments: