Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mini export experiment

We had what was our last BUY DAY with Discover Hope Fund in the Afider office. Two of my good friends were visiting this week, so they really helped out with all the chaos. We had 15 women participate with bags, purses and jewelry - more than our other Buy Days. I might have to re-think how we organize Buy Day to make it run more smoothly. At the end of the night we had spent 1, 465 soles - which is more than 600 bucks. If I didn't have help I don't know how I would have done it. We had the women label their goods and then we went around the table and picked some of the best designs to send back to the U.S. I felt like Santa Clause leaving the office; we had two huge bags of goodies. I hope someone in the U.S. will not only appreciate the work the women did in creating the jewelry and bags, but all the work that goes into picking, labeling, stressing that every women sold something, and finally packaging it all up. It is a lot of work - this mini-export experience.

No comments: